It is a journey that will live with you forever. Starting with apple country in Narkanda, you will cross the lush Sangla Valley before hitting the cold deserts of Lahaul and Spiti. Landscapes will change from green to barren, the skies will come in many hues, and snow-capped peaks will dare you to conquer them. You will cross traditional villages meeting people living in a world of their own, tending to their fields and livestock and always welcoming of even strangers. You will be touched by the spirituality of the region, even as you have great adventure all along”.
The above rates are not valid from 24 December to 31 December, 2018
DAY 01: CHANDIGARH – RAMPUR (250 kms/ 09 hours)
Arrival Chandigah airport in the morning and stat your drive towards Rampur the small Town nestled on the bank of River Satluj. Stay amidst city Hotel in Rampur. Enjoy stories and history of the place over a buffet dinner. We leave Chandigarh at dawn so we arrive in time to watch the sun set in Rampur. Enjoy a dinner and stay overnight.
DAY 02: RAMPUR – SARAHAN – SANGLA (95 kms/ 05 -06 hours)
Early morning walk, followed by breakfast. We leave for Sangla in Kinnaur district, and on the way visit Sarahan Bheema kali Mata Temple and enjoy the Front View of Shri Khand Mahadev (on clear days) and later continue drive to Sangla and reach in time for evening tea to enjoy the crisp twilight zone. Have dinner & stay overnight.
DAY 03: SANGLA – CHITKUL – SANGLA
After leisurely breakfast, drive to Chitkul – a pretty village on the ancient silk route. There is also an option to try your hand at rock climbing, rappelling and river crossing (on extra charge).
Sangla is known for its day hikes. Those looking for soft adventure can join the Raksham walk that takes you along rivers, through meadows and forests and over glaciers. Those who wish to go on harder trek, there is the challenging meadows walk. Also, visit the pretty villages around and enjoy sitting along the Baspa River. Have dinner & stay overnight.
DAY 04: SANGLA – KALPA – NAKO
After early breakfast, drive to Kalpa, the only place in India where pine nuts (chilkozas) grow. This is the place to enjoy the awesome views on Kinner Kailash peak. Visit picturesque Nako. Have dinner & stay overnight.
DAY 05: NAKO – TABO– KAZA (240 kms/ 09 hours)
A day is to drive with fun. After early breakfast, proceed to Tabo, with its awesome mud monastery dating back to 996 A.D. one of the oldest in the country. Look up to the mountain faces, and you will find caves where people still live in. We continue on to Kaza at an altitude of 12000 feet, reaching in the evening for a much deserved rest. Have dinner & stay overnight.
DAY 06: EXPLORE KAZA
After leisurely breakfast, visit Pin Valley National Park – High altitude villages of Langza, Hikkim and Komic. The villages around Kaza are believed to be one of the highest in the world, mostly caught in their own time warp. The drives to these villages are stunning to say the least. We also drop in at the Key Monastery, perched on a cliff looking down at the spectacular valleys below. Have dinner & stay overnight.
DAY 07: KAZA – CHANDRA TAL – KAZA (130 kms/07 hours)
This will be the most memorable day of the whole drive. After early breakfast, head to the majestic Kunzum La (pass) where strong winds blow all year, and snow flake fall even in summers. We drive on a 12 kms dirt track followed by a 2 kms hike to get to the spectacular Chandra Taal (lake) where we picnic before heading back. Have dinner & stay overnight.
DAY 08: KAZA – MANALI (205 kms/ 07-08 hours)
After early breakfast, leave for Manali for yet another day of memorable driving via Rohtang Pass. We will drive along and over rivers, cross glaciers, and bump along undulating tracks. It may be dusk when we reach Manali – where we celebrate the journey over Enjoy a dinner and evening at leisure.
DAY 09: MANALI – CHANDIGARH (320 kms / 10 hours)
After leisurely breakfast, head back to Chandigarh.
Subject to 4 adults travelling together
- 09 Days / 08 Nights accommodation as per the given program.
- Room based on with double bed room.
- Route Planning and Research.
- Accommodation – all hotels and camps.
- Meals: Breakfast, Tea and Dinner.
- All inner line permits for restricted areas.
- Currently applicable taxes and service charge.
- Toyota Innova Car as per the given tour program.
- All applicable present state taxes & luxury taxes.
- Interstate taxes for transportation, toll, parking, overnight charge of driver as well as Bhatta etc
- All sightseeing and excursion as per the details mentioned in the above program.
- Your own international or domestic passenger flights.
- Meals and drinks not mentioned.
- Alcoholic beverages (consumption not recommended between Tabo and Rohtang Pass).
- Vehicle, fuel or any fuel additives.
- Insurance, tips, personal phone calls.
- Airfare/ train fare to and from Delhi.
- Insurance and documentation costs such as travel insurance, visa applications etc.
- Vehicle servicing, repairs, toll taxes, traffic lines.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances like ill-health, vehicle breakdown or repairs, damage accruing from land blocks, bad weather, snowfall etc.
- Additional accommodation charges due to unforeseen delays in the journey.
- Any charges for carrying video camera or still camera.
- Any hotel, subsistence or other costs incurred prior to the official start date of an expedition and after the official end date of the expedition.
- No refund for any unused services, as well as any extra services taken by clients will be paid directly as per actual basis.
- Cancellation 30days before the date of travel no retention
- Cancellation between 30 to 15 days before the date of travel 50% cancellation applies
- Cancellation between 14 to 08 days before the date of travel 75% cancellation applies
- Cancellation within 07 days before the date of travel 100% cancellation applies